Swift 4.0 is release at 2017-09-19, and its stable version is released at 2017-03-29 by Apple Inc for iOS and OS X development.
It adopts best of objective-C and C-language.
Its a new programming language, according to chris Lattner’s Homepage, he started work on the swift programming language in july of 2010.
- Safe programming patterns
- Modern programming feature
- Objective-C like syntax
- Does not need a separate library import to support functionalities like input/output or string handling.
- Uses Xcode IDE to develop
- Same runtime as Objective-C system on Mac OS and iOS(from iOS 6 and OS X 10.8 platforms)
- It have playground feature where swift 4 developer can write code and execute it to she the output immediately.